I’m concerned for a friend or family member
If you want to speak to us, you can call our helpline on 0808 2800 999 and we can give you advice on how best to support your loved one.
How you can help
- Listen to them. Be a non-judgemental ear, and hear what they have to say. It may be frustrating at times, but it’s important that you do not blame them or get angry at them not leaving.
- Acknowledge the difficult situation they are in, and thank them for having the strength to speak out.
- Tell them that no one deserves abuse, despite what they may have been told by the perpetrator.
- Support them and allow them to make their own decisions, including when to leave.
- Offer your support in terms of going to the hospital for injuries, or to the police to report the abuse.
- Pass on our information. Provide them with our phone number, 0808 2800 999 and let them know we can help.
- Look after yourself, and ensure that you do not put yourself into a dangerous situation.
Call for help now
0808 2800 999
Open Monday - Friday, 9.30am - 4:30pm (closed for half an hour lunch at 1pm)
Our One Front Door helpline is completely free and confidential, and the call will not show up on itemised bills.
Donate to Staying Put
Your donations will enable us to help many more survivors of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Latest news and blogs
Yesterday saw thousands of dedicated runners take part in the Leeds 10k, leaving from the steps of Leeds University's Parkinson Building and weaving around the streets before reaching the finish line on The Headrow. We had 23 amazing fundraisers sign up to...
We are proud to announce that we have been selected as a 2022 Weston Charity Awards winner. We were chosen due to the impact of our services and future ambitions, including the development of Solace Housing Association. We have been awarded a team of business experts...
Our annual report for the financial year ending March 2021 is now available to view and download. We will be printing a limited run of physical copies, please get in touch if you would like one: firstname.lastname@example.org